Spaghetti is a popular one in many homes and the children love it . This article features one of the ways I make spaghetti in my home. Spaghetti need not be boring as there are lots of different ways you can make it flavourful, tasty and colourful… I garnished the finished dinner with some crushed lightly sautéed salmon and some watercress. Let’s go in….
FOR THIS RECIPE, YOU NEED…
- 250g Spaghetti or less
- 1 Red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 Green bell pepper (chopped)
- Some raw green beans (washed, drained, chopped)
- Olive oil
- ½ medium size onion (chopped)
- ½ scotch bonnet pepper (optional)
- Herbs, Spices and Seasoning: 1 clove garlic (grated), small chopped ginger (grated), curry powder-mild or medium (1 tsp), black pepper (dash), white pepper (dash), ½ tsp. turmeric, ½ tsp. oregano, ½ tsp. tarragon, few chopped fresh parsley (alternatively ½ tsp. parsley) , some chicken seasoning, and sea salt to taste
- Garnish: lightly sautéed salmon (crushed) and watercress
TIP: Depending on the size of your family, you may need to adjust the quantities. You can vary the veggies and inject more colour to the food.
Cleans and chop your green beans, red bell pepper and green bell pepper. Put to a side
Put spaghetti in a pot and fill with cold water so that it covers the surface.
Drizzle a little olive oil, chicken seasoning and a dash of salt
Bring to boil until almost cooked. Take off heat and drain off any liquid properly.
Heat up a pot with 2tbsp olive oil.
Saute the green beans with chopped onions, grated ginger, grated garlic, black pepper (dash), white pepper (dash), and dash of curry powder (mild or medium). When green beans is slightly tender, add the red and green peppers.
Mix in the almost cooked spaghetti and add the ½ tsp. turmeric, ½ tsp. oregano, ½ tsp. tarragon, few chopped fresh parsley (alternatively ½ tsp parsley), dash of sea salt to taste and half a scotch bonnet just to add a little heat (this is optional). Allow to simmer for 5-7 minutes. You can take out the half scotch bonnet at this point if added
Drizzle a little more olive oil if needed. Take and adjust seasoning if needed before taking off heat.
The salmon was crushed and sautéed with few fennel seeds, little grated ginger and parsley in little olive oil…
Plate the spaghetti and sprinkle the salmon and watercress
Ready to enjoy 🙂
Tasty, simple, quick….
Happy spicing and cooking!
Blessings and love
Traycee x x x
Instagram – Trayceesfoodfashion
Email – email@example.com