While millions of us will set New Years Resolutions and goals most will fall off the wagon within weeks because we’re not strategic, holistic or realistic enough says life coach to stars, entrepreneurs and the public Rasheed Ogunlaru. So following Rasheed’s ‘Keeping It Real Throughout Christmas’ we’ve got his 3 Top Tips for New Year success… and making them stick!
Launching his 3 Tips for Resolutions That Stick Rasheed says:
The most common resolutions are kicking a habit like smoking and drinking or about dieting and getting fit. We fail because 1) We set goals/resolutions we ‘think’ we should – often based on society/peer pressures so we don’t ‘own our own goals.’ 2) Because we don’t put in a plan and support and 3) Because these goals like getting fit are set in the abstract rather than looking at our life as a whole.
Rasheed who is also life/business coach partner to the British Library and author of The Gift of Inner Success and Soul Trader – Putting the Heart Back into Your Business adds: “The key to success is stepping back, owning your goals and setting 2-3 goals strategically in the context of your entire life and work, and getting the support you need to succeed.”
Rasheed’s 3 Tips for Resolutions That Stick
· Look at your life as a whole rather than just one aspect of it
· Write a short list of what’s most important to you in life / work overall
· Now set one goal that your really motivated about for 1) You/ your health 2) Personal life / relationships 3) Your career.
· Write a short 1 page plan of action for your goals; this marks commitment
· Make sure each goal is clear and specific with a clear outcome
· Ensure you set an apt time frame and break the goal into steps
· What work, effort, mindset & actions will be required? List it step by step
· Identify what help / support you need – eg a friend/ trainer to get fit with
· Make your plans real: plan, schedule, review, fine-tune and change it.
“Sooner or later you’ll hear what your heart has always been telling you:
stop trying to be who you think you should be – become who you are.”
Rasheed Ogunlaru is a leading life coach, speaker and business / corporate coach. He is author of Soul Trader – Putting the Heart Back into Your Business. Website www.rasaru.com Tweet: @RasheedOgunlaru.
*FREE Webinar with Rasheed: Build your Dreams in 2015 Webinar 7.30-8.30pm Wed 21 Jan 2015 www.soul-trader.biz/dreams2015