Prawn and Vegetables Coconut Soup
The winter is here… the coats are out and we are wrapping up warm! This article features a simple warm, colourful and tasty soup, to get you through the winter weather.
For this simple recipe, you need….
- Fresh Prawns (cleaned)
- 1 Red bell pepper (chopped)
- I yellow bell pepper (chopped)
- Some fresh broccoli (chopped)
- 1 tin coconut milk (you will only be needing a small quantity for the soup)
- Rapeseed oil
- 1 shallot (finely chopped)
- ½ scotch bonnet pepper for added heat (optional)
- Herbs, Spices and Seasoning: 1 clove garlic, small ginger (crushed), 1 tsp. oregano, 1 tsp. curry powder-mild or medium, 1 tsp. tarragon, 1 tsp. parsley, black pepper (dash), 2 bay leaves and sea salt to taste
TIP: Depending on the quantity of soup you want to make, you may need to adjust the quantities.
- In a heated pan, add 1 tsp of rapeseed oil. Then add the onions, garlic and ginger sautéed for about 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped broccoli and simmer, stirring frequently for about 2-3 minutes to begin to soften. Add a little warm water
- Add the curry powder followed by ½ a tin of the coconut milk and bay leaves. Allow to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the mixed peppers (red and yellow peppers), then the prawns, followed by the parsley, tarragon and black pepper. (You can add the ½ scotch bonnet pepper if added heat is needed in the soup)
- Allow to simmer for another 10mins…. tasty and add a little sea salt if necessary.
It’s ready! Simple, Tasty and Quick
Ready to enjoy the beautiful flavours 🙂
Happy spicing and cooking!
Blessings and love