Chicken and Vegetables Stew One Pot
Yes, we love our one pots! This article features a tasty one pot- stew pot chicken and vegetables great with pasta, spaghetti, steamed rice, potatoes or just name it… colourful, tasty and healthy.
For this simple recipe, you need….
- Fresh chicken thighs (cleaned and cut) – alternatively use diced chicken breasts
- 1 Red bell pepper (chopped- large pieces)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (chopped- large pieces)
- Some frozen vegetable mix (peas, carrots, sweetcorn, green beans)
- 1 tin of tomatoes (blended with 1 small red onion)
- Mushrooms (chopped)
- Rapeseed oil
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper for added heat (optional)
- Fresh lemon
- Herbs, Spices and Seasoning: 1 clove garlic, small ginger (crushed), 1 sprig fresh rosemary, 1 tsp. hot curry powder (can use mild or medium), chicken stock cube, 1 tsp. basil, 1 tsp. parsley, black pepper (dash), 2 bay leaves, 1 tsp thyme and sea salt to taste
TIP: Depending on the quantity of soup you want to make, you may need to adjust the quantities. You can use vegetable combinations your family enjoys.
- Season fresh chicken….
Add curry powder, 1 sprig fresh rosemary, 1 tsp. hot curry powder (can use mild or medium), chicken stock cube, ½ tsp. basil, ½ tsp. parsley, black pepper (dash), 1 bay leaf, 1 tsp thyme, chopped ginger and garlic, small quantity chopped onions, light drizzle of squeezed fresh lemon juice, sea salt to taste… leave to a side
- In a heated pan, add 2 tsp of rapeseed oil. Then add the onions, garlic and ginger sautéed for about 1 minute.
Add the largely chopped peppers (red and yellow) – sauté for 30 seconds, then add the raw chicken. Stir frequently for about 10minutes
- Add the blended tomatoes. Mix then add ½ of one scotch bonnet pepper. Allow to cook for another 10mins so that the flavours come together whilst the chicken is cooking nicely in the pot☺. Taste for seasoning and add as required.
Finally add the frozen vegetables- allow to simmer for another 5 minutes. Remember to remove the scotch bonnet!
But if you wanted some mushrooms added…
Sauté in a small pan with little butter, black pepper and dash of parsley for 3-4 minutes. Add over stew….
It’s ready! Simple, Tasty and Quick
Ready to enjoy the beautiful flavours 🙂