It’s that time of year again. The rain. The sting of cold on the wind. The (not so) subtle temperature drop. The unusually warm and glorious summer season seems to have left the UK.
But… you just bought all the latest trendy off the shoulder tops! And little sheath dresses! And the floral dresses… and the cute bodysuits!
Not to worry, you don’t have to go out and get a whole new wardrobe right away. Use all that adorable that you spent your hard earned money on… just revamp it for fall!
- Try an all over denim look by pairing your jeans with a denim top or denim jacket.
- Channel your inner cowgirl with some suede and fringe accessories.
- Everything is better with velvet which is turning out to be another HUGE fall fashion trend. Try some accessories or an wild coloured velvet jacket.
- Boot or bootie up and instantly change those jeans for the season.
Great news! Flowy and floral patterns are IN for the fall season. So that sleeveless long flowing summer dress? Layer it up and create a stunning seasonal ensemble.
- You can never have enough wide, stretch belts. It’s the perfect tool to accentuate the waist line.
- Add knee high boots and/or tights. Instant stunning fall look.
- Layer with scarves, a cardigan or a jacket. Use the fall trendy patterns.
- Bags, bags, bags – they make a statement for sure. Red is the “it” color for fall.
White and Light Colours – it’s not just for Summer!
— RCFA (@Fashion_Critic_) August 30, 2017
There is an old rule about putting all white and light clothing and accessories away when the days get chillier. That rule is obselete. The 2017 fall fashion runways like that of Isabel Marant‘s, were filled with looks featuring white, pastel and light colour pants, jeans and clothes. So your white capris or jeans have a few more months of life left!
- Add black to create an on-trend, black and white look.
- Wear a leopard sweater with your white pants for a modern look.
- Add the fall trend of metallic to your white outfit.