I was quite excited to hear about Vichy’s new mask line. I love slapping a mask on to rejuventate and repair my stressed or tired-looking skin. There are three available, each containing Vichy’s reknown Mineralising Thermal Water and I’ve been trying out two of them – the Vichy Double Glow Peel Mask and Vichy Quenching Mineral Mask.
I really like hydrating masks, I can’t get enough of them – especially as *gasp* I sometimes don’t drink as much water as I should! I tell myself they make up for it. This feels so cool and refreshing when placed on the skin. You simple leave it on for five minutes, before massaging in what’s left. I woke up to skin which felt baby soft and plumped full of moisture. This makes an ideal choice for an overnight mask.
So here’s the lowdown on it:
- Fresh watery gel mask
- Enriched with Vitamin B3 and Vichy’s Mineralising Thermal Water
- Glycerin hydrates
- Menthoxypropanediol refreshes
- Provides an intense relief to thirsty, uncomfortable skin
- Leaves skin feeling immediately hydrated, soothed and refreshed
- Ideal for dry, dehydrated and sensitive skin
Now for the Double Glow Peel – just the name of it got me a bit excited. I expected a lot! I’ve used a lot of masks and peels which contain AHAs, which loosen and dead skin cells. I’m a bit obsessed with revealing newer skin and removing old skin cells which cause the skin to look dull. The fact this is so affordable in comparison to the pricier brands I’ve used is definitely appealing. The Volcanic Rock exfoliates and sweeps the dead skin cells away. Combined, they brighten and reveal radiant, smoother skin.
Avoiding the eye area, you leave it to set for five mins, for the AHA peeling to take effect. Using circular motions, gently swirl it around your face to exfoliate and then rinse off.
Here’s what to expect:
- Watery gel texture
- Infused with Volcanic Rock to remove dead skin cells
- Double peel action by gentle exfoliation to illuminate skin tone
- AHAs gently exfoliate the skin
- Volcanic Rock particles accelerate exfoliation with mechanical action
- Skin texture feels more refined and fresh with a brighter and more even skin tone
- Ideal for dull, tired and sensitive skin
I prefer to use the Double Glow Peel mask first and then finish off with the Quenching Mineral Mask. They don’t have to be used together, and if I were to opt for one, I’d choose the Double Glow Peel as I think I like the fact it exfoliates and brightens the skin.
Also available in the range is the Pore Purifying Clay Mask – you can read about that here.