Carrots & Butternut Squash Roast Chicken Drums and Thighs
Happy December and the festive season is here. It’s the season to be joyful and give thanks.
So my family love chicken drumsticks and thighs especially the children. They love carrots too so I thought to mix with some butternut squash and fresh herbs… Perfect after a cold festive shopping day!
For this simple recipe (family of 4), you need….
- A pack of chicken drumsticks and thighs
- 4-5 carrots (chopped)
- Some butternut squash (chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 small size onion (cut into large chunks)
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper (optional)
- Herbs, Spices and Seasoning: 2 clove garlic, small ginger (crushed), 1 tsp. oregano, 1 tsp. curry powder-mild or medium, fresh coriander, 5 fresh basil, ½ tsp black pepper (dash), sea salt to taste
TIP: Depending on the size of your family, you may need to adjust the quantities.
Place the chicken in a pot, add the herbs, curry powder, garlic, ginger, onions, bell pepper. Allow to simmer for a few minutes.
Take off from heat. Place on an oven tray and grill for about 15minutes or until golden brown
In the picture below, it was served with some tasty, spicy bulgur rice and vegetables… recipe for another day!
Ready to enjoy the beautiful flavours 🙂
Tasty, simple, quick
Happy spicing and cooking!
Author 2016– ‘Kids Recipe Book For Busy Mums’- https://form.jotformeu.com/Traycee/tasty-kids-recipes-book
Do you need help with spicing up your cooking? Please check out this link: http://traycees.com/23-herbs-spices-and-seasoning-ebook/