So this week I’m in St. Lucia. There’s nothing better than getting on a plane where it’s dreary and cold and getting off a plane to warmth and sunshine. I’ve left blue January behind for blue skies and blue water and sandy beaches.
Even though we might not all be able to get away just yet, it’s not too late to plan even a short getaway this winter. For me the Caribbean is the perfect choice for sunshine and warming my bones.
The sunshine, the combination of beautiful tranquil beaches, lush rainforests, and vertical cliffs; my current location (St Lucia) is the place to go if you’re looking to escape it all. Whether you choose to fly direct, stop off on a cruise or just pop over from one of the neighbouring islands, you will find a warm Saint Lucian welcome awaits.
Located in the eastern part of the Caribbean, St. Lucia is an island nation that is home to some of the most luxurious resorts in the world. With gorgeous beaches, lush rainforests, fishing villages, mountains to climb, St. Lucia has a lot to explore for the adventurous at heart.
Why should you visit the Caribbean?
- Accessibility: Direct flights to the Caribbean makes getting to the islands a super easy process. Flight deals and exclusive air charters mean that you can be at the beach with toes in the sand.
- Carnival! The Caribbean Carnival starts the beginning of February. Beach parties, food, fun, parades… the list is endless!
- Perfect Weather: Your winter getaway in the Caribbean will be decorated with clear blue skies and soft beach breezes.
- Activities: snorkeling, diving, tennis, cricket, golf, sight seeing, swimming… the list is ENDLESS!
- Culture: Each Caribbean island is unique, with different landscapes, cuisine, nightlife, vacation activities, languages and events.
- Hospitality: Smiling service is as much a part of the Caribbean as beach sunsets.
- Self-care: Who couldn’t use a little “me time” at the spa. Spa vacations in the Caribbean include in-house spa treatments and exclusive luxury spa resorts. St. Lucia is a serene island that’s perfect for a relaxing getaway.
- Beaches: Perfect beaches create a sand filled paradise just waiting to welcome you. The islands take very good care of their beaches in order to keep them flawless!
The Official Tourism Site of the Caribbean has SO many deals and specials – free nights, dine and deal specials, all inclusives, and honeymoon deals. It’s totally worth a look!
Don’t be afraid to go it alone!
A lot more travelers are going it alone and although most solo travelers are ages 18-35, many older folks are traveling alone, as well. Singles cite the Caribbean as a favored travel spot, with many places being solo-friendly.
More people are choosing to go solo for lots of reasons: not having to wait on someone else to be available, the ability to explore how YOU want to do it, the adventure is yours, the challenge is yours, you get to meet people you wouldn’t have had you been with a companion.
Traveling alone can give you some much-needed perspective. I took a trip last year to Barcelona and it was so healing for me!
So are you up for it? Whether it be a four day jaunt to Barbados or a week in St. Lucia, the Caribbean can be some much needed sunshine in the midst of the winter blues! Look for my vacay pics on Facebook,Twitter, and Instagram – I’ll share some of my blue skies with you!